How do you know if I’m the writer FOR YOU – because I’ve always been a bit creative (READ: QUIRKY) AND have a way with words?
You’ll find a stack of testimonials on my LinkedIn page from other people, but you want to know if I’m the right person to help grow *your* small business.
IS THAT Natalie Smithson IN THE PHOTO?
Yes, but don’t worry, I’m (much) older now and write a lot better than I can draw. Here’s what I’ve been doing since then…
- Started out in qualitative market research for the world’s largest advertising company (WPP), surrounded by campaigns like the first high-tech ad from Guinness and Levi’s Flat Eric. Became a seasoned pro in confidentiality, so your plans for development are safe with me.
- Lived in London and Oxford doing digital marketing for non-profits, a publisher, PR agency, and financial services. Evolved into a digital hybrid – part geek, part creative – so I appreciate the art and science that drives your business.
- Inspired by a turtle conservation trip to Barbados, I took a year out to volunteer at animal shelters in Sri Lanka, Japan, and Venezuela. I went on to study wildlife photography, then filming with Wildeye (who I was later Editor for). If your business is in any way related to animals, I’ve got it covered.
“Natalie was efficient, creative and a joy to work with. We were very sad when she had to move on and we’d happily employ her again. Highly recommended!” — Piers Warren, MD at Wildeye
- Worked as a Communications Manager for a tech startup whilst doing my postgrad in anthrozoology (human-animal studies). Then I started a family and became responsible for taming children instead of animals. If you’re in the family market, I can tell a story or two that resonates with your audience.
“[Natalie] is able to verbalize and conceptualize ideas in a clear manner, resulting in coherent, well thought out and imaginative briefs that are a pleasure to work on. She is also friendly and thoughtful, taking on board other people’s creative input and making decisions in a timely and consistent manner.” — Katie Steed, Creative Director at Slurpy Studies
- Today, freelance copywriter and marketing bod since 2014, instinctively drawn to marketing projects that need imaginative copy and an open mind. You benefit from my eclectic experiences and an unbeatable sense of enthusiasm.